Action 1 Property Management is an equal opportunity housing provider and operates within the guidelines of Fair Housing rules and regulations. Action 1 Property Management does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, or disability.
**APPLICATION FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE**
Please be advised there may be multiple applicants on a property at any given time. Be sure your documentation and information is complete as Screening commences upon receipt of online application. If application is missing information or documentation, it will cause your application processing to be delayed, and subsequent applicants may be processed ahead of yours. Application Fee: $40 per applicant.
Before you apply, please be sure you have:
1. Viewed the property in person
2. Meet the minimum requirement for income (3x rent amount)
2. Are able to upload required documentation in PDF format
3. Are ready to proceed with having your application screened
Screening consists of reviewing online application for completeness, document review, credit screening, criminal background check, eviction history check, employment verification, past rental history verification, and confirmation of property visit. The screening process can also include a review of public information through property tax records, common social media sites, and sex offender data bases.
A complete Rental Application and screening fee is required for EACH applicant 18 years of age or older regardless of income status. Payment is to be made through this website for each application.
* Disabled occupants who are 18 years of age or older and considered to be ‘under care of adult occupant” will be exempt from qualifying and signing the lease/rental agreement.*
Co-signers may or may not be allowed. If the owner will allow a co-signer, the co-signer will also need to complete an application and submit the appropriate documentation.
Property owners require all tenants to obtain a renters insurance policy prior to move-in. You will be required to add the property management company and the property owner as “Additional Interests” to the policy. Please inquire prior to applying if you need clarification on this requirement.
UPLOAD the following documentation in PDF Format Only:
-2 most recent paystubs from employer.
-Verification of any additional income (Example: alimony, child support, etc.)
-Most recent bank statement, all pages of PDF (to confirm direct deposit from employer).
-Any other relevant documentation showing proof of income (example: support, disability, investment property income, 1099, W-2, etc.)
-Copy of Identification Card or Passport
-If self-employed; a copy of your company P&L Statement or first two pages of most recent tax return.
-If pets are allowed, upload a photo of you with your pet, and description of pet (Note: Pets = dogs, cats, fish, lizards, snakes, rodents, or any living thing that is not human.)
Allow 24-48 hours for application to be processed. Once an applicant has been approved and notified, lease will be transmitted electronically for signature to the applicant/s. Applicant must sign the lease agreement within 24 hours. A cashier’s check for the first month rent must be delivered to our office within 24 hours of signing.
Supporting documents can be attached to this online application in PDF format, faxed to 925-605-4430, or emailed to Info@Action1PM.com. (If you are faxing or emailing documentation, please reference the property address)
Applicants will be qualified based on the following criteria requirements of Action 1 Property Management and the property owner, as allowed by Fair Housing guidelines.
- Applicants must have a minimum credit score of 620 with Experian.
- Applicants who have filed bankruptcy within the last three (3) years may be declined.
- Applicants with any unpaid collection agency or ‘charge off’ accounts within the last three (3) years may be declined.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) satisfactory accounts (accounts with no late payments) for every unsatisfactory account.
- Applicant must have two (2) years of verifiable rental history. If Applicant has lived in a property owned by
- the Applicant for four (4) or more of the previous years, verifiable rental history requirement may be waived.
- Applicant must receive satisfactory standing from current and previous landlord(s) in regards to payment history, condition of property during tenancy, upon vacating, and the ability to adhere to terms of lease agreement and/or any rules or regulations with regard to the property.
- Applicant with a prior eviction or unlawful detainer may be declined.
- Total gross income of all Applicants qualified as signers on lease must equal a minimum of three (3) times monthly rent amount.
- Applicants must have two (2) years of verifiable income history.
Action 1 Properties does not pay fees to obtain online employment verifications from 3rd party verification companies. If there is a fee for online employment verification, applicant will be responsible to pay the fee.
If a property states No Pets Allowed, the property owner has already made a determination that no pets are allowed. If a property does allow pets, please inquire prior to applying if your particular pet will be allowed. Some homeowner insurance policies have restrictions against specific dog breeds or exotic animals.
Security deposits are equal to a minimum of 1 times the rent amount plus $1000. However, security deposit can be increased up to 2 times the rent amount based on risk factors identified during the tenant screening. Risk factors include; credit score, income, pets, past rental history, or any data that does not meet the minimum acceptable criteria.
A person can be denied if they have been convicted of a Felony against a person or property within the last 7 years, including, but not limited to: murder, manslaughter, assault, robbery, rape, child molestation, kidnapping, arson, and manufacture, delivery, sale of, or possession w/intent to deliver controlled or illegal substances.
COMMON REASONS TO BE DECLINED:
Incomplete applications, failure to submit required documentation, failure to view the property in person, previous eviction, collections from previous landlords, credit score below 620, insufficient income, unsatisfactory references, non-discharged bankruptcies, unqualified occupants, pets, number of occupants exceed maximum occupancy rate, move in date too far in the future, felony convictions (see above) and registered sex offender.